Samurai Sprint Mud Run
PARTICIPANT WAIVER, RELEASE OF LIABILITY COVENANT NOT TO SUE & IMAGE RELEASE
Name (Print): ________________________________________________
Event Location: Westport Rivers Vineyard and Winery; 417 Hixbridge Road, Westport, MA
Date: June 11th, 2016
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the above referenced Samurai Sprint Obstacle Race competition(s), race(s), related events (the “Event”) and/or activities, I, the undersigned, acknowledge, covenant and agree that:
1. The risk of injury and/or death from the activities involved in the Samurai Race and the Event is significant including, but not limited to the following: (i) drowning; (ii) near-drowning; (iii) sprains; (iv) strains; (v) fractures; (vi) heat and cold injuries; (vii) over-use syndrome; (viii) injuries involving vehicles; (ix) animal bites and/or stings; (x) contact with poisonous plants; (xi) accidents involving, but not limited to paddling, climbing, biking, hiking, skiing, snow shoeing, travel by boat, truck, car, or other convenience;(xii) heart attack and (xiii) the potential for permanent paralysis and/or death. While particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of death or serious injury does exist;
2. AFTER OPPORTUNITY TO FULLY INFORM MYSELF ABOUT THE EVENT, I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME AND ACCEPT ALL SUCH RISKS, BOTH KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, and assume full responsibility and all risks for my participation in the Event;
3. I voluntarily agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual and/or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such hazard to the attention of the nearest official;
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and/or next of kin, forever WAIVE, RELEASE, DISCHARGE and COVENANT NOT TO SUE Bud’s By The Beach, LLC (D.B.A. “Samurai Sprint ”) and their officers, directors, representatives, officials, principals, agents and/or employees, subsidiaries, and/or assigns, as well as their independent contractors, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, volunteers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of the premises used to conduct the Event (collectively, the "Releasees"), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, and/or loss or damage to person or property, incurred by me in connection with participation in the Event. I further agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Releasees from any loss, liability, cost, claim or damages arising from my participation in or association with activities and events organized and sponsored by the Samurai Race, and/or connected with the Event.
5. I attest and verify that, unless otherwise indicated below, I am over 18 years of age, am free from all illnesses, injuries and defects that could interfere with my safe participation in the Event and that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in all activities associated with the Event. My participation in activities and events organized or sponsored by Samurai Race is entirely voluntary. I further certify and represent that on the date of the Event I will possess and be covered by medical/health insurance, individually or as part of an organization.
6. I consent to administration of first aid and other medical treatment in the event of injury or illness and hereby release and indemnify Releasees from any and all liability or claims arising out of such treatment.
7. The Releasees reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to postpone, cancel, or modify the event due to weather conditions, Acts of God or other factors beyond the control of the Releasees that might affect the health and/or safety of the participants. No refunds will be granted.
8. I irrevocably grant unlimited permission to Releasees, to use, reproduce, sell and distribute any and all photographs, images, videotapes, motion pictures, recordings, or any other depiction of any kind of me or of my participation in the Event or related activity for any legitimate purpose in perpetuity and I understand that I shall not be entitled to any compensation therefore.
9. I hereby irrevocably and absolutely grant permission to the Releasees to film, videotape and record gratis the performance of the above named participant (referred to herein as “I”, “me”, “my”) in the Event and subsequently to telecast, sell, distribute and otherwise utilize the same in whatever manner Releasees shall deem appropriate. Such permission shall include granting the unlimited and irrevocable right to Releasees, without compensation of any kind to me, to use, reproduce or broadcast, my name, nickname, image, likeness, voice, photograph, signature facsimile, and biographical information in connection with the Event without compensation of any kind to me. I acknowledge that Releasees and their representatives shall have the unlimited right throughout the world to copyright, use, reuse, publish, republish, broadcast and otherwise distribute depictions of or information about me and all or any portion of the Event in which I may appear on any and all radio, network, cable and local television programs and in any print materials and in any other format or media (including electronic media) now known or hereinafter devised in perpetuity and without compensation to me. In consideration and in return for being allowed to participate in the Event, I release and agree not to sue the Releasees from all present and future claims regarding my participation in the Events that may be made by me, my family, estate heirs, or assigns.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
Participant Name (PRINT): ________________________________________________________________
Signature ___________________________________________________________ Date _____________
EMERGENCY CONTACT (Required) Name____________________________________ Phone_____________
MINORS: IF UNDER 18 – SIGNATURE OF PARENT OR GUARDIAN (required)
The undersigned, _________________________________________, hereby certifies, warrants and represents that I am the legal parent or guardian of __________________________________, the signer of the above Release (the “Participant”), and that after fully informing myself regarding the nature and risks of the Event, I give my permission for Participant to participate in the same and by my signature below I fully ratify, accept and agree to all of the terms of the above Release both for myself individually and as legal parent or guardian of the Participant.
How do I register for the race?
Click the Register button and follow the instructions.
Yes, There is a $10 cash fee for all vehicles to park on the day of the event paid at the entrance of Westport Rivers Winery.
There will be a registration table set up on race day. Any of the staff can point you to the table.
No. Buzzards Bay Brewery will have beer available for a fee.
Yes, police staff and EMT service will be on site and available as needed.
All participants will get a t-shirt, bib, timer, finishers metal, insurance, and other items brought by sponsers.
Yes, the race will be timed. The cost will be included in the price and the fees.
The winery restroom facility will not be available for participants / spectators but there will be porta-potties available for use.
There is no fee for spectators however there is a $10 fee for parking.
December 8- Jan1 Cost = $39 plus registration fee (First 50 Registrants ONLY)
Jan 2nd - Jan 31st Cost = $49 plus registration fee
Feb 1st - 28th Cost = $59 plus registration fee
Mar 1st - April 30th Cost = $69 plus registration fee
May 1st - May 27th Cost = $79 plus registration fee
May 27th is last day of Registration!
Limited Registration on Race Day = $100 (t-shirt and finishers metal are not provided for day of registration unless quantity is available.
Yes, there will be a chef on site that will have some great food options for adults and children for a fee. Items such as fresh smoked pulled pork, and hot dogs will be sold.
The obstacles are designed for your enjoyment and to challenge you to push yourself beyond what you think you can do however, if you can't complete an obstacle simply skip it. Please use your honor if you know that you don't complete all of the obstacles as designed your race time should not be considered for one of the overall times. The race is designed to use both lower body, upper body, and coordination to even out endurance, strength, and agility of the competitors.
Yes, there will be a sponsors at the race. .
The fee includes but is not limited to state of the art disposable race timing, a tee shirt, a finishers metal, free beer sample for those of age, insurance, police, and EMT services.
Yes, there are Rules and Guidelines for all participants and spectators. These will be posted at the event and given to each participant in their registration packet. Any participant or spectator that does not comply with the Rules and Guidelines will be asked to leave the premises whether or not they have raced.
The minimum age to compete in the Samurai Sprint 5K is 13 years of age. Persons under 18 must have an adult accompany them at the race and have a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian to compete. Children of participants between the ages of 6 - 12 will also be able to run a small course for free at the end of the day with a waiver completed by parent or legal guardian. Children under 12 must have an adult present if they wish to participate.
We don't have a traditional after party however we will have two live bands playing throughout the day, great food to eat, a free rock wall, and plenty of vendors giving away and selling some great products. Not to mention that you will be at one of the most picturesque places around, The Westport Rivers Vineyard and Winery so bring your family and a blanket and enjoy the day.
No unfortunately. The only refund that will be offered is if the race itself is cancelled then all monies will be refunded.